Thursday, December 29, 2011

Appetizer Party Platter


I'm always looking for easy appetizers to bring to a party or to make ahead when I'm hosting a party in my own home. It's easy to fall into a rut and make the same boring appetizers over and over, I'm guilty of it myself. I created this appetizer plate with some of the usual items but tried to add something different to make them feel new again.  The stuffed mushrooms and peppers had the usual bread crumb filling but I added some crispy prosciutto to the mixture. On the mushrooms I added a little piece of Italian Fontina cheese to the top of each one. The potatoes (trader joe's teeny tiny potatoes) were sauteed with shallots sundried tomatoes and then tossed with a premade muffaletta salad.  Recipes to come soon!


3 comments:

Patti T. said...

We loved the teeny tiny potatoes from Trader Joe's, to bad there aren't any near us. Your apps look delicious.

janice15 said...

It looks great and your rite sometimes we get stuck doing that same ole same ole...I love coming to visit you...Happy New Years...with LOveJanice...
@spoonwither.blogspot.com

Claudia said...

Love the platter - it has all my favorite things. Happy New Year - may 2012 bring joys.