Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oven Roasted Chicken and Potatoes

Photobucket


Yum, Yum, Yum! This chicken was so tasty and the sauce was perfect for dipping bread in. There isn't much of a recipe for this. Once again, I just threw in what I had and it turned out perfect! I bought a whole chicken cut up and split it up so that we would have two meals. I don't like the taste of reheated chicken so I didn't want leftovers. I made this for two but you can use as much chicken as you want just increase the amount of liquid if you want some juice (which I highly recommend!) I left some of the skin on the chicken because I didn't want it to get try but you can do this without the skin if you like.

Ingredients:

1 chicken breast, (all pieces have bone in & trimmed of extra skin and all fat)
2 chicken legs
2 chicken thighs
a couple of sprigs fresh oregano (you can use dried, I just threw it in)
a few shakes of dried italian seasoning
Mrs. Dash Table Blend
salt and pepper
dry white wine
chicken broth
1 large sweet potato, cut into large pieces
handful of baby carrots
4 -6 yukon gold potatoes, cut into large pieces
1 onion, cut into large pieces
handful of chopped leeks (threw them in only because I had them)
8-10 cloves garlic cloves in peel
extra virgin olive oil

Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Season skin side of chicken with salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash. Heat a large oven safe frying pan, drizzle in some oil and place chicken in the pan skin side down. Don't touch it. Leave it there for about 5 minutes or until chicken starts to brown. Meanwhile, add in garlic, and potatoes, carrots and onions around the chicken. Season them with salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash. Turn chicken and potatoes and season the second side. When chicken is browned turn over again and add wine ane chicken broth. Add enough so that the liquid is about halfway up the chicken. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes until some of the liquid is reduced. Add pan to hot oven and cook for about 40 minutes or until juices run clear. Cooking time depends on how big your chicken pieces are and how much chicken you have.

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

I LOVE roasted chicken & veggies!! Looks yummy.

Bob said...

Looks awesome. My mom used to make something a lot like that with just legs and thighs.

Theresa said...

Yum for roasted chicken!

Lucy..♥ said...

One of my favorite ways of having chicken, yum!!!

gonna be on 17 this evening... we need to set a date sometime soon ;-)

The Moon Muse said...

Yummy!!!

Chef Chuck said...

Yes, this chicken is making me hungry!! Yumm :)

Unknown said...

Made this with thighs and several hot italian sausages (prick the little suckers before cooking) and finished it by sprinkling a fair amount of grated parmesan on top, then broiling it for 10 minutes to 'brown it up'. My husband is hard to please and HE LOVED IT! Me too.